Western Cape Tour 2021
Archive Tours planned for 2021 -THIS TOUR IS NOW FULLY BOOKED! Now you can only put your name on the waiting list in the event that there is a cancelation.
Western Cape Archive Tour : This is the 2020 tour which had been postponed to 22 to 27 August 2021.
NB - Participants from the Cape do not pay for the air ticket and accommodation, provided they can join the team on a daily basis with their own transport from their homes.
The programme consists of:
- Three days research in the Cape Archive in Cape Town,
- One day with GISA’s inheritance at the CPUT in Wellington
- One day with the Huguenot registers in Franschhoek.
Beginner Researchers receive ample information and assistance (in English and/or Afrikaans). The more Advanced Members gain as they can focus five full days undisturbed on their own research.
The programme starts on a Sunday morning and ends five days later on Friday night. Cost R 8,000. The deposit is R3,000 and will be refunded in full should the tour need to be cancelled.
What is the aim of GSSA offering these tours?
- To assist beginner genealogists (but also more advanced GSSA members) when visiting archives;
- To build team spirit among members and branches.
What are the pre-conditions for participants?
- It is recommended that you have access to the internet for a little training and plenty of information per email.
- As a beginner researcher you really need to be interested in genealogical research in your own or other particular families and need to be prepared to read and work through the emails which you’ll receive during the months before leaving.
- Should you be a more advanced researcher, you are also more than welcome to join in as you waste no time on all the arrangements.
- The information and training will prepare you for everything.
- Should you classify yourself as novice researcher, you’ll be provided with some extra user-friendly information for beginners – almost 50% of the participants usually make use of this “Beginners’ Training”.
- You need to be a paid up GSSA member of any branch of your choice. If you are not a member and would like to join please feel free to ask for assistance.
For more information and to book now for this extra place that became available or to be added to the mailing list please email me by clicking on my name Ellen Harmse
- Hits: 3357